Wednesday, June 9, 2010

And so it is...

March 28th, 2010 was the day that literally changed our lives. For the first time, Chase and I were a little bit irresponsible in a certain department. I had always been under the impression that you needed to be extra careful the week before... not the week after. Well, I definitely found out it's the week after (thanks sex ed)... The funny thing is we even made jokes that night that I was pregnant. I thought we were both completely kidding, but Chase was actually thinking it was possible. The whole month of April, I had no idea and no worries. Chase on the other hand was just waiting... he just had that feeling. When I told him how I scarfed down a foot long for lunch and wasn't full, he was thinking in his head.... "oh no, she's pregnant." When I started feeling sick to my stomach, he was thinking "oh no, she's pregnant." When I was late, he was thinking "oh no, she's pregnant." But nevveerr telling me this because he knew I'd freak. Well, Sunday night (I believe exactly one month from conception) we were at Wasabi with Jay, Angie, Josh & Kristin. After dinner, I started feeling sick. When they asked why, I just made a joke saying I was probably pregnant. They all got so serious and I had to reassure them I wasn't, I was just late and it had crossed my mind. Well, I shouldn't have told them I was late because it didn't convince them I wasn't pregnant. On the way home, I was talking it over with Chase and all the sudden March 28th hit me... I looked at a calendar and realized it was possible. I wanted to get a test right then but Chase wouldn't let me. He just keep telling me I wasn't pregnant... Well when I still didn't feel good the next morning, I went and bought a test on the way to work. Angie saw me pull into Walgreens and informed Jay which meant he was texting me all day long to see what the results were. That day Hannah and I were having a lunch date at Ruby Tuesday's so I decided to wait and take it there instead of work. There was no way Jay was going to let me wait until I got home. So I went to the bathroom there, took it, and put it back in the box. After we ordered I told Hannah what was going on and she freaked. She asked what the results were and I pulled the box out. We looked and saw two lines... She was freaking and was confused why I was so calm... I was calm because I was still in shock. I sent a picture of the results to Chase and Jay who both were like "yup, you're pregnant." Well, I probably stared at the picture the rest of the day at work. When I wasn't staring at the picture, I was researching how accurate the tests are. Basically everything I read said if there are two lines, your pregnant, no doubt about it. Well, I still wasn't convinced so Chase and I made an appointment to confirm at the doctors office(see below). Well it was confirmed... December 24th! But guess who still didn't believe it... Me! I don't know why it took so long to hit me, but it did. I just didn't believe that I was actually going to be a mommy in a few months. Chase and I had planned to wait 2 or 3 years before coming parents, but God had a whole different plan for us. Now, the shock is gone and the excitement has showed up :) I couldn't be happier!! Well, that's a lie. I could be if I wasn't nausea, or tired, or if brushing my teeth didn't make me gag, or if foods that normally sounded good, still sounded good.... but other than that, all is well. *God is good... all the time!!*

2 comments on "And so it is..."

Laurie on June 9, 2010 at 6:35 PM said...

I'm so excited you guys are doing this!! I really enjoyed reading Jamie's as she progressed with Coley. Thanks for letting us participate and read about this wonderful exciting time!!
Love you both!!
God IS good...all the time!!
AKA- Aunt Laur

Tammi on June 9, 2010 at 8:16 PM said...

Great way to keep everyone informed of your doctors visits and progress. We've always known you were an open book. Daddy and I are super excited for our family.

Post a Comment